[OM] Re: [OT] Replacement rechargeable lithium batteries, was: Olympus s

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Replacement rechargeable lithium batteries, was: Olympus sales
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:11:41 +1000
Indeed - my 10D came with the BG-Ed and with two batteries. The Canon
sells for $90 here in Oz(!) and is just 1100mAh 7.4V. The other was
an unnamed copy, possibly Inca which sells for a mere $55 here and is
a tad stronger at 1300mAh but only 7.2V. Both are tagged Made in Japan.
I then bought two off eBay out of Hong Kong for $25 plus $10 postage
- complete with a charger AND a car adapter which I really wanted -
both were claimed to be 1700 or 1800mAh 7.4V on the pack (though
nothing marked on the battery!) and are made in Taiwan.
It seems to be a clear case of OEM gouging - God help anyone who
doesn't shop on the bay, in this case.
AndrewF