[OM] Re: What to take? lots of questions

Subject: [OM] Re: What to take? lots of questions
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:59:30 +1000
Definitely. Shot a wedding for a friend recently and cleverly he
insisted on paying me. That had the effect of concentrating my
efforts wonderfully. Consequently, I did not enjoy the day too much
as I worked very hard, stayed sober and missed an clear opportunity
at a drunken bridesmaid (well, that's my memory and I'm hanging on to
it, OK?! Lovely big, affectionate girl she was too.)
Shooting a wedding properly is damned hard work and while pleasant at
times because you are surrounded by very happy people, maintaining a
professional 'distance' is essential because you are often doing
something that annoys people and disrupts their celebrations and mood.
One piece of advice learnt on that day - do the family groups early,
before they get to the booze.
AndrewF