[OM] Re: [OT] Replacement rechargeable lithium batteries, was: Olympus s

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Replacement rechargeable lithium batteries, was: Olympus sales
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 12:51:02 -0600
Mark Dapoz wrote:
> Don't be so quick to conclude that OEM's are gouging.  I've bought a few
> of those cheap Asian batteries (the Olympus version) and after seeing what's
> inside, I would never use them.

 Heck, even without seeing inside, some of the e*ay third party batteries are
junk. I bought a couple of clone batteries for my nikon point-and-shoot, and
despite claiming 700maH -vs- 650maH for the original battery, the knock-offs
have a real-world life of maybe 1/5th of the real one. I was very surprised at
how much worse they are..

 -- dan