[OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:11:39 -0700

Is your Nikkor 12-24 an old lens designed when film was used or is it a
telecentric design that is intended for a digital sensor?

Olympus said they were turning their back on old designs and moving forward
from scratch ...
They tried to establish a new standard system for everyone to add to. You
think they should have based it in on a N*kkor mount? Or a C*non mount?

Yes Olympus maintained some backwards compatibility but they promoted new is
better ...

-jeff