[OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:38:37 -0400

> Is your Nikkor 12-24 an old lens designed when film was used or is it a
> telecentric design that is intended for a digital sensor?
>
> Olympus said they were turning their back on old designs and moving
> forward
> from scratch ...
> They tried to establish a new standard system for everyone to add to. You
> think they should have based it in on a N*kkor mount? Or a C*non mount?
>
> Yes Olympus maintained some backwards compatibility but they promoted new
> is
> better ...
>
> -jeff

I have no idea what the origins of the design were. It is a DX lens which
only throws an image the size of an APS sensor, so they're probably pretty
parallel :)

Don't misunderstand me. I am not disparaging the E-1 -- a fine camera for
sure and I'm watching with interest when there will be an E-2.  I just think
the 5MP = 12MP is a bit of a stretch.

Tom