[OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:35:59 -0400
Tom's right on with this one, IMO.  I love my E-1, but there's no way that
it could come anywhere close to competing with a 12mp camera.  It comes
withing spitting range of an 8mp body, but will lose on raw resolution.
Against at 6MP camera, it's a tossup.

Erwin always seems to stir up controversary, no matter what he talks about.
He's been pontificating on the Leica line for many years, and generating an
incredible abount of contentous banter among the Leica nuts and the
anti-Leica zelots.

As far as the E-1, what's important for me is that the camera delivers.
Whether it's 4, 5, 6, or 8mp, I really don't care.  I don't enlarge past
11x14 99.9% of the time, and other issues are more important to me than raw
resolution:  weather-proofing, dust resistance, ergonomics and
designed-for-handling, very good build quality.  I wish it had better AF
performance, better frame rates, and higher resolution, those are the
biggies for me.  I'll wait on the E-3 + 12 months.

Skip