[OM] Re: Yugo with a V8 engine

Subject: [OM] Re: Yugo with a V8 engine
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 08:41:14 -0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:22 AM

> LOL Boy I'll bet you had fun writing this!
>
> AG Schnozz wrote:
>
> >Yesterday I had the pleasure of checking out the new DRebel 350.
> >I don't mean to be picky, but that is the chintziest piece of
> >garbage I've seen since the Yugo hit the American streets.

(big snip)

> Clarification: Although I would not actively dissuade anyone from buying
> a DRebel, if their needs and opinons are similar to mine, I caution
> against buying or using Yugos. If a camera fails, it usually won't kill
you

My son bought a new DSLR Canon Rebel XT, 2 or 3 weeks ago, when I was away
for a few weeks and not around to give advice :-).  I haven't had
opportunity to look it over really carefully since reading Ag's assessment,
but in looking it over before reading that, I was rather impressed. It's
good, Moose, to hear your assessment of digital Rebel's, so that I can keep
both in mind when I get a chance to perhaps borrow it from him for a day.
He wants a Can*n 50/1.8 EF to go with the kit lens, so I've been looking for
one to give him in trade for some XD cards which he no longer has use for.
If anyone might happen to have an extra lens lying around, contact me
off-list.
Wayne