[OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: Erwin Puts on the E1, Four Thirds, Olympus
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 08:08:35 -0400
I suppose.  Is it used regulary in product, catalog, documentary,
assignment work where ultimate quality is the goal?  Irrespective of
that, it isn't that important to me.  High ISO digital shots that I've
seen that are deemed acceptable don't look "right" to me.  Yes, they may
be sharp and remarkably noiseless, but there's that plastic look, funky
colours that bother me.  Most of what I do doesn't require high ISO, and
when it seems to, it is an indication that I'm too damn lazy to use a
tri- or monopod.

That's not to say that I haven't used high ISO film.  I miss Agfa 1000
films, which were grainy but had other attributes that were pleasing.  I
haven't tried current high speed emulsions from Fuji or Kodak.  I've
heard good things about the Fuji.

Earl