[OM] Re: Speaking of the 35-80/2.8 Zuiko....

Subject: [OM] Re: Speaking of the 35-80/2.8 Zuiko....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 14:59:03 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:

>On 27/05/2005, at 8:13 AM, Moose wrote:
>
>>"There is increasing concern, I think, that something not
>>registered on the Net will not be seen as existing."
>>
>>Andras Bozoki,
>>Hungarian Culture Minister
>>

>Wow! Cyberexistentialism!

Yeah, pretty interesting idea. One of those that is clearly not true -
yet, but can make me recognize something that's going on and of which I
wasn't directly conscious before reading it.

Context is European concern about the Google project to scan, index and
make available on line the contents of three major US libraries and one
British. They are afraid it will lead to an even greater overshadowing
of European history, culture and world view than has already worried and
angered them. So they are, of course,  proposing an equivalent project
using European sources. A war to make unbelieveable amounts of otherwise
essentially unaccessable material available to the public, that's one I
can support!

Moose