[OM] Re: Yugo with a V8 engine

Subject: [OM] Re: Yugo with a V8 engine
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 20:22:08 -0700 (PDT)
> OK, gotcha, Oly creak is fine, on other makes it indicates
> junk. Makes sense on an Oly list.

Given that the IS-3 and Rebel are in the same general user
category you have a point.  Does drive me up a wall at times.

> I can't figure out why you don't have an A2.

The A1 has higher usable ISO, better multiframe performance
(more frames in buffer) and more attractive price.  Oh, and the
lens trim is silver.

> Maybe I was just so shocked at
> the size and weight of the E-1 that I was numb.

It is a beast.  If I mount the 24/2.8, the camera absolutely
dwarfs the poor thing.

> I'll just move up in the Can*n line.

Actually, a used 20D might be on my wish list in a year or so. I
really do like some of the features of it as well as the high
ISO performance.

> I thought you would counter with
> the superior "out of the camera" image quality of the E-1.

I didn't want to state the obvious.

> I hear that A2 calling you......

Not really. A used C8080 maybe.

> "P", what does that one do? We masses mostly just use the
> blank rectangle setting to go with our minds. Or the ones
> with pictures we can understand, like mountains...

Canon has one very nice feature that I liked when they first
introduced it on I believe the EOS 620 (or whatever model de
jour) is the DOF feature.  You select the close point and the
far point and the camera would adjust the F-stop and focus for
you.  Sweeet.

See, I can praise the big evil Canon too.

World ends tomorrow.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com