[OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:21:42 -0700
You know, Pale Rider is a loose remake of Shane. I love it when Jack
Palance's character first shows up in Shane. He's walking towards the
store and there are three dissolves where he's closer each time. It's
almost like he's an evil spirit that's been summoned. And of course
Shane is kind of the spirit of the wilderness. It doesn't have that
man-with-no-name, is-he-alive-or-is-he-a-ghost thing that Pale Rider
has, but it's still one of the most interesting westerns of all time,
IMO.