[OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 12:55:42 -0500
At 12:08 PM 5/29/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Mike, Aren't you from Canada or there abouts?  One of my all time  favorites,
>which any good Zuikohead should enjoy and perhaps identify with, was  "The
>Grey Fox" with Richard Farnsworth. This movie which won major  awards in
>Canada
>(and probably else where) was about a stage coach robber who  had been
>incarcerated long enough that stage coaches were no longer in use when  he
>was
>released.  The technology had passed him by . . .
>
>It is beautifully filmed and a wonderful true story.  It is worth an  evening
>in front of the TV if you can find it a your local video store.  I  think
>I'll need to check it out again.  Great stuff!  Bill  Barber

I love that one, Bill.

Am I alone in enjoying Lawrence Kasden's "Silverado"?  Admittedly, it's
less than the sum of its parts ...

Of course, the film that drove a nail through the heart of the genre was
"Blazing Saddles."  Hard to watch a scene around the campfire in one of the
straight westerns without cracking up.

Joel W.