[OM] eSIF on Roger's student web-site

Subject: [OM] eSIF on Roger's student web-site
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:42:21 +1200
Hi all

As I interpret the URL for Roger Wesson's copy of the eSIF,
(http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif.htm)

it is at his student account at a university.  To try to figure out what has
happened, I pruned off parts of the URL progressively, to see where life
resumed. I thought that maybe his site was no longer alive, if he has finished
being a student there. Universities usually remove computing privileges as
soon as a student has gone from their books.

http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/
gave an error message (site not found), so I could not access any other
pages, assuming the base URL was named "index.htm" or "index.html".

Next I tried the university URL
http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/
This should have brought up something, but again, I got a "site not found"
error message.
So, either they have huge server problems, deliberately gone off air, or they
have changed their name (URL).

Brian