[OM] Flash done blowed up.

Subject: [OM] Flash done blowed up.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:09:54 -0700 (PDT)
Shooting an event today I experienced a first for me.  The
Vivitar 5200 flash on my stroboframe stopped shedding light.
Changed batteries and got about a dozen more pictures before
those batteries appeared flat. Back to the originals and got a
couple more pictures.

A sat the camera down for several minutes to eat a piece of cake
and when I got back to the camera the LCD display on the flash
wasn't changing info and it was rather toasty.  Hmm.  Too
toasty.

I quickly popped out the batteries and noted that they were VERY
warm.  This isn't good.  The flash smells like something inside
let go.  Here's the funny part--the zoom head is stuck!  Can't
even budge the thing from the wide-angle position for anything.
Meltdown!

I finished out the day with the A1.

Well, I guess I'm in the market for a new flash.  I hate to
spend the serious cash for the Olympus flash so I'll probably go
cheep and pick up a couple Vivitar 283/285s.

Oh, well. 17 years and untold thousands of pictures.  Guess I
don't really need the OM slave module anymore.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com