[OM] Re: eSIF on Roger's student web-site

Subject: [OM] Re: eSIF on Roger's student web-site
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:18:49 +0200

: http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/ doesn't exist, http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ opens
the start page of
: University College, London.
: "star" would be a server belonging to UCL, probably at some
department, which has been taken offline.
: Thus probably no hope of ever seeing that particular site at that
university again.

Searching for 'star' and 'ucl' in Google I get the text that was on
http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/ from Google's cache:

"The Astrophysics group at UCL forms part of the Physics and Astronomy
Department. It is one of the largest Astrophysics groups in the UK
(incorporating the Atmospheric Physics Lab, the Optical Science Lab and
the University of London Observatory) with research programmes in hot
stars, star formation, circumstellar matter, astro-chemistry, cosmology,
atmospheric physics and instrumentation."

Can't imagine why that part would have been taken offline. I'll try to
contact Roger to see if he knows more. Does someone know his email
address?

Hans