[OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:07:05 -0500
At 10:53 AM 5/30/2005 +0100, you wrote:

>Delicious colours and sharpness Joel; wonderful pictures overall.  I
>am not sure I see your preference for the 35-80, but then I have not
>paid for one ;-).

Thanks Chris.  I like it because it is a zoom that sort of does everything
(except go to 105mm -- bah, can't have everything!).  Sharp, fast,
reasonably close focusing, great contrast and color, and very good bokeh
characteristics.  I remember a private conversation with someone who got
his ahead of me, and he said, "Your primes will get a well-deserved
rest."  That has certainly been true for me.

>Do you use a dark background, or is the background naturally dark?  I
>have a small Lastolite reflector with a black reverse.  I might get
>the larger one to help with composition.

I just put a black foam core board behind the flower and cock it a little
to thwart any tell-tale reflections.

>If it were not pi**ing with rain here I would be outside with my E-1
>and 90/2 ... and OM-4/Provia/90/2.  We have some enormous red poppies
>in the garden.
>
>Chris

The 90/2 has been the favorite lens with the E-1, bar none.  Unfortunately,
today (holiday here in the USA) I will be weedwacking (doing email right
now to stall the inevitable).

Joel W.