[OM] Re: Fuzzy E-1 digital greens

Subject: [OM] Re: Fuzzy E-1 digital greens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:41:44 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:

>>>I think that you'll find that that is a result of the noise reduction
>>>system.
>>>

>Ah! Y'know, now that you mention it, seems I recall seeing even worse
>examples of this in some Neat Image stuff I processed a while back. Reduce
>the noise and play hell with the foliage. Whodathunkit? Thanx!

I was going to suggest it could be the result of sharpening. I've found
that foliage bits of certain dimensions, relative to the image size, can
go all strange with certain degrees of sharpening. I've often found that
the sharpening that gives just what I want with the main subject can
make certain parts of foliage quite strange.

Moose