[OM] Re: More E-thing lens questions

Subject: [OM] Re: More E-thing lens questions
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:57:23 -0400
I'd expect the 80-200/2.8 Tamron SP to be quite nice on an E-1 or E-300.
It's a very good lens, if a little heavy.  For stationary subjects, I bet
it'd be the cat's meow.  I've mounted the 300/2.8 Tamron on my E-1 and the
shots were very nice, much more cost effective than the crazy 600/2.8
Zuiko-Digital at $7k.

As for the E-2, 3, ??  I'd buy the E-1 first with it's current great price
and then save your pennies for a next-generation purchase 12 months down
the road when they're 20-40% less money.  I'm starting to get a hankering
for the 50/2 Macro, which continues to garner its chare of accolades.

Did you guys see the new article on Mike Johnson's site where he called the
50/2 and the 50-200/2.8-3.5 two of the best lenses made anywhere for a DSLR?

Skip