[OM] Re: Speck in 100mm f2

Subject: [OM] Re: Speck in 100mm f2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:03:04 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
Puttin' my money where my mouth is:
Here's a shot of a rhododendron blossom done with my A1.
<http://home.comcast.net/~chucknorcutt/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-2246544.html>
Here are 320x240 pixel crops from two shots taken of this same blossom.
<http://home.comcast.net/~chucknorcutt/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-2246545.html>

These are from full resolution 5MP JPEG's.  No additional processing has
been done beyond the default camera settings for sharpening, contrast,
saturation, etc.  One of the shots has a big "speck" stuck on the lens
about 5-10mm off center.  I didn't even make it black.  The "speck"
consists of a triangular piece of bright blue Scotch "Long Mask" masking
tape approximately 2x3x3 mm.  Which one has the "speck" stuck to the
lens?  There are only two images.  You've got a 50/50 chance of getting
it right.

Chuck Norcutt