[OM] Re: More E-thing lens questions

Subject: [OM] Re: More E-thing lens questions
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:55:05 -0600
ScottGee1 wrote:
> For future pricing questions, this site works pretty well for U.S.
> based companies:
>
> http://www.pricegrabber.com

 I was looking on froogle.google.com -- it seems to cover a lot more sites (51
hits -vs- 5 on pricegrabber) but it doesn't have as much secondary info about
places, so needs more research on the part of the searcher. Neither of those
would have listed the recent NZ deals, though.

 Oh, and it looks as if ca.pricegrabber.com is the Canadian version of that
site, though amusingly according to that it's impossible to buy an E1 in
Canada. uk.pricegrabber.com also exists, as do ones for Brazil and Mexico.

 It sounds like the best thing is just to keep my eyes out and see what comes
up. I have a larger-than-expected tax refund sitting around saying "spend me,
spend me", but I'm hitting a mental sticking point at $1000. (oh, and I'm also
looking for the 14-54 kit, because I want something I can use in rain/snow, and
as far as I know the e-300 lenses aren't as sealed as the 'pro' versions).

 -- dan