[OM] Re: Speck in 100mm f2

Subject: [OM] Re: Speck in 100mm f2
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:04:35 -0500
>On 5/31/05, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > An empirical test?  Wudda concept!
> >
> > Ok, that does it. I'll do the same thing, but I'm going to shoot
> > a scenic into the sun.
> >
> > Gotta be some way to prove a point.
> >
> > AG

Not certain how big the piece of tape was.  I would predict it's more
likely to show up when aperture is stopped down than when it's opened up
wide.  Reason?  Some of the special effects I've used in the past with
"masks" in a Cokin filter holder are sharper along their edges when stopped
down.  Might depend on where the "speck" is placed and how big it is.

-- John Lind