[OM] Re: More E-thing lens questions

Subject: [OM] Re: More E-thing lens questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 19:55:10 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:

>The fact is, 90% of us spend 90% of our time in only one mode anyway.

Right, so why fuss about it?

Further, the reason we can pretty much get into any car and just drive
away without going through the manual is standardization of controls.
Does the 'H' pattern of manual trannies make more inherent sense than
some other layout? Is the PRNDDxx control of Auto trannies the best
possible? Who cares, as long as they are usable and standard? PASM seems
to me to be like that. I can pick up pretty much any current camera with
auto and 'drive' it very quickly.

Just to irritate you further, how about the blank rectangle before the P
on Can*ns? It's a sort of super program mode that adds auto selection of
iso to the programming mix. Have I used it more than a few times just to
try it out? No. Do I think the camera is better or worse for having this
added capability. Better, if only a little.

>I've been using PASM for about a dozen years now and still dislike it.

Hah, I've got it! You're trying to sneak into Walt and Andrew's turf! No?

Moose