[OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:20:44 -0600
Walt Wayman wrote:
> But I've got the entire second season of Deadwood on S-VHS, so why
>don't I the just burn a half dozen DVDs and then ship them off to
>-- oh, hell, that's right.  I forgot.  Not only are we people
>separated by a common language, but there's that pesky NTSB and
>PAL incompatability thing.

 That's not a problem, though, just tell the DVD encoding software to encode to
a PAL DVD and voila. It won't be region-locked if you burn it yourself. I've
made DVDs of home video here in Canada and sent them to people in the UK and
everything worked just fine. If you're using a separate DVD recorder then it
might be more complicated, but a video capture card for the PC is, what, CDN$45
or so nowadays and DVD burners is $70.

 -- dan