[OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:53:43 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Walt Wayman wrote:

> Actually, I really don't even have a DVD burner, not yet -- ergo, the
> S-VHS -- but I'm looking and in the market for one.  Anybody have any
> suggestions?  I want one that'll let me make DVDs of TIFFs and also copy
> video, S-VHS tape and "live," maybe even in both NTSB and PAL.  I do have
> a couple of friends in third-world countries.  Please notice this
> flame-prevention icon:  :-)

The Canopus ADVC-100/110 is generally considered the best low end analogue
to DV video converter on the market.  About $200US.  Rock solid performance
and excellent video quality.  Be prepared to have lots of disk space.  A
two hour video in DV format will take up about 25-30GB of space.  You'll
need another 10GB or so to convert it and master the DVD.
                                        -mark