[OM] Re: Cost of digital prints

Subject: [OM] Re: Cost of digital prints
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:13:16 -0700
Barry B. Bean wrote:

>A buddy of mine has asked me to print 500 or so of his snapshots from his
>South American vacation, and is insisting on paying me for the trouble. Given
>that its 500 prints, I'm going to let him pay me
>something close to the cost of paper and ink. The problem is that I haven't
>printed enough with my new printer to have a good handle on what actual ink
>costs per print are running.

I'm with the rest of the replies. If all you are doing is printing scads
of photos without adding any quality, you are no more useful than an
automated printing system. If you add value through your skills, it will
take you through the end of the year.

My son just came back from Greece and Turkey and, as with Australia last
year, I will tune a few of his favorite shots up and carefully print
them. But that's only a few shots and a labo(U)r of love.

Moose