[OM] [OT] Video A/V conversion [was NOW: Westerns......]

Subject: [OM] [OT] Video A/V conversion [was NOW: Westerns......]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:08:57 -0700
Mark Dapoz wrote:

>The Canopus ADVC-100/110 is generally considered the best low end analogue
>to DV video converter on the market.  About $200US.  Rock solid performance
>and excellent video quality.

What about the Sony DCR-TRV480 Digital-8 Camcorder. Do you know how good
it is? It has both pass through A/D conversion from any analog video
source and will play and do digital conversion/output from my existing
High-8 tapes. More expensive than the Canopus, but it will play my old
tapes and make new digital ones too.

If I need an excuse to buy something new, all I have to do is loan the
old one to my older son. :-(

Moose