[OM] Re: 800 Portra NC

Subject: [OM] Re: 800 Portra NC
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 07:28:11 -0400
In my experience, if 800 NC is overexposed by about a stop (this is
entirely dependent on meter calibration of course) and correctly
developed, grain is not a problem for an 11x14 print.  Of course 160
NC will be fine but you have to be two stops more careful with DOF
and/or camera vibration.

Do you plan to use a tripod?  Always a quandry for me as I know I get
better pix from a technical perspective, but freedom of movement is
restricted.  My compromise is a chest or belt pod.  But that wasn't
the point of your question . . . ;o)

hth/ScottGee1