[OM] Re: question-portrait lens

Subject: [OM] Re: question-portrait lens
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:08:45 -0700
I think Chuck's advice is best ... but just as something to consider, the
guy who sold me my 300mm said it made a great portrait lens. The only good
portrait photos posted that I remember being taken at that focal length were
by C.H. Ling (and they are very good). Hand holding a 300mm is beyond my
ability. C.H. Ling has a web site with quite a few portraits, Skip has
posted a fair percentage of portraits when he posts. Adam Bolt used to post
some very nice portraits. I believe both Adam and Skip use telephotos in the
range you mention. ... Look at their websites and see if you have a
preference.
Old links:
http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/gallery.asp?memberID=22419  Adam Bolt
http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/index.shtml C.H.Ling
http://www.skipwilliams.com/  Skip Williams

Or best of all the list of many members webs
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/members.htm
(thank you Brian)

-jeff