[OM] Re: Why is there no 60mm lens ? Was: 7519772104 reasonable 40f2

Subject: [OM] Re: Why is there no 60mm lens ? Was: 7519772104 reasonable 40f2
From: Der Eiserne Reiter <ferider@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:15:40 -0700 (PDT)
AG,

> Now with the 4/3 format it gets even more confusing about focal
> lengths as you need to determine whether or not you're going to
> compare short-side or diagonal dimensions.

I am not sure I understand. Once you determine short side or diagonal,
the area factor should be independent. Am I missing something ?

Chuck, strangely enough, I believe the 85 was first built by Zeiss
to be used together with the 50/1.5, both Sonnars ("eins-fuenfer" and
"acht-fuenfer").

Regards,

Roland.

FeRider (R.)