[OM] Re: question-portrait lens

Subject: [OM] Re: question-portrait lens
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:20:36 -0700 (PDT)
Tom (my camera will whup your camera) Scales wrote:
> Personally, I love the 85/2. It is small, light, fast and an
> incredible lens. It's also fairly expensive.
> I am also a big fan of the 100/2.8.  Not much bigger, not
> quite as fast, but a superb lens. If I was only going for
> portraits, this is the lens I'd choose.

The 85/2 and the 100/2.8 are essentially identical lenses.  Size
difference might be measurable with precision gauges, but
definitely not with the eye.  Without looking at the aperture
ring or lens retainer ring you'd be hard pressed to figure out
which one is which. The designs are so close that the "look"
from each is essentially the same.  In other words, F2 on the 85
will look like F2.8 on the 100. F5.6 on the 100 looks like F4 on
the 85.  Usually (but not always) the 85 will be slightly
sharper than the 100.

Tell me, Tom, just how do you mount that 85/2 on the CWMNBN?

AG

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html