[OM] Re: Why is there no 60mm lens ? Was: 7519772104 reasonable 40f2

Subject: [OM] Re: Why is there no 60mm lens ? Was: 7519772104 reasonable 40f2
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:08:28 +1000
I use a 60/2.8 Leitz Macro-Elmarit-R on my R4s - it came with the
body and makes a great walk-around general purpose lens. It's not an
unpopular choice in that community but the 50mm Summicron is so
outstanding that it still exerts a fatal lure. My second lens for
that system was a 35mm Summicron (although a 35 or 28 Elmarit would
have been equally welcome) and my next will probably be a 100mm or
180mm, whichever shows up in the bargain bin first. :) Some claim
that the 100mm Apo is the sharpest lens ever made by anyone, but it's
a tad pricey!
There were a few 58mm standard lenses around, especially in the fast
glass category (Canon FD?)
AndrewF