[OM] Re: E-1 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 questions
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:00:32 -0700
I seldom use the histogram. It takes two button pushes to bring it up.
Doesn't require looking at a menu. If you partially depress the shutter
release you're immediately ready to take a picture after viewing the
histogram.

I remember a short thread about the autofocus light but not the original
question. The camera's autofocus assist light automatically comes on in a
dark location. It seems to blink on twice if the focus shifts very much. The
time it takes for the camera to focus is slightly longer than typical for
bright outdoors. Most of the time I have the flash mounted on the camera
when taking pictures in dark locations. The flash also has a built in
autofocus light which easily works across the largest rooms in the homes
I've been in. I often use the flash hand held at the end of a cable. I
vaguely remember a time or two I've intentionally pointed the flash's
autofocus assist light at the far wall. I don't know if both the flash's and
the camera's focus assist lights come on at the same time.

-jeff