[OM] Re: Private Reserve Sale Opportunity

Subject: [OM] Re: Private Reserve Sale Opportunity
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:23:56 +0000
Good timing, eh wot?

Until I put a few miles on the E-1 with both "digital" and "old" Zuikos, I
don't know what I might be willing to part with, if anything.

I will, however, be so bold as to right now offer for "reserve sale" the jewel
of the OM lenses, the 35-80/2.8, in EX+ condition, perfect glass, proper hood
and caps, and my blessing.  This is a fantastic lens, as I'm sure most of you
know, but because it overlaps the 14-54 by about a third (35mm equivalent of
70-108mm) on the E-1, I would, reluctantly and sadly, be willing to let it go
for the price of a 50-200/2.8~3.5 Zuiko Digital Zoom lens, which pretty much
eliminates the overlap problem, and then some.

In plain English, at today's B&H price, that's $999.95.  The $100 mail-in
rebate is mine to keep to help soothe the great pain and regret I know I will
feel when this best of all OM Zuiko zooms is no longer mine.  First offer
reserves it at that price for 30 days, or long enough for me to try it on the
E-1, giving me a chance to back out if I decide to keep it forever and ever,
never again offering it for sale.

Go for it.  They don't make 'em anymore.  When's the last time you saw one on
$Bay?  Remember, they were $1500 new.  Act now!  Limited supply!  One to a
customer!  This offer void where void.  Free shipping anywhere on this planet.
Duties, taxes, and any fees are the responsibility of anyone who may be
arrested and prosecuted for avoiding or attempting to avoid same.

Walt

P.S.
There's probably not much point in waiting around for the 50/2, 90/2 or 135/4.5
Zuiko macros, the 100/2 or 180/2.8 Zuikos, or the 80-200/2.8 or 300/2.8
Tamrons.  Don't know yet about the rest.  And since I've still got lots of
film, the Graphics and the Mamiya outfit are not going anywhere.  Got to keep
the REAL stuff.  :-)

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --