[OM] OT Web display frustration

Subject: [OM] OT Web display frustration
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 01:30:58 -0700
It's both fun to post some of my pics on the web and quite wonderful to
see what other listees post.

However, there are some subjects that just aren't done justice in a
reduced JPEG. I've noticed it in some posts by others, where I imagine
the original to be wonderful, but some parts of the web image just
aren't quite right.

I've also run into it with images I want to put on the web. This isn't
Oly, although I've run into the same problem with film shots, but one I
was preparing for a gallery on our Maine trip for our friends here and
there. At full pixel, it's the shot I envisioned when I took it. Reduced
for the web, I just can't seem to get something that conveys anything of
what it really is <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/PixelDisplay.htm>.

We certainly aren't yet to the point where our electronic connections
can replace a print!

Moose