[OM] Re: Magnum photographer shooting war with Olympus digital P&S

Subject: [OM] Re: Magnum photographer shooting war with Olympus digital P&S
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:20:14 -0500
Quoting Roger Key <rogerdkey@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> A possible alternative to the 8080 could be the 7070 (7.1
> Megapixels), which
> was introduced in January/February. I had been looking
> for an affordable
> 8080 in Denmark, when I chanced upon a 'used' 7070 that
> was selling for 75%
> of the lowest Danish 'net' price.

Congratulations, Roger.  I hope you will enjoy the 7070 and
post a few captures from time to time.

The thing I found I preferred much more about the 8080 over
the 5060 is the EVF.  The 5060's "optical" viewfinder is
predictive at best and unusable at worst.  Fortunately, the
5060 has been wonderful for my son who prefers to work off
the monitor anyway.  (He thinks that's the way a digital
camera is supposed to work, and I shan't disabuse him.)

Joel W.