[OM] Re: Special Costco price on C-7000

Subject: [OM] Re: Special Costco price on C-7000
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:12:11 -0400
This brings up a question I've thought about, but not raised.  Many Oly
P&S cameras produced in the last several years, digital or otherwise,
sport an "Olympus [Zoom] Lens".  Note, it does not say Zuiko on it.  My
assumption, and I think I may have read it elsewhere, is that such
lenses are not necessarily or probably not made by Olympus, but by a 3rd
party.

Does anyone know for sure?  And if so, do we have any sense of how good
or "less good" these lenses might be, compared to Zuikos?  Or is this
all a non-issue these days.  After all, Zuikoholics NEED to know.

Earl