[OM] An English apology !

Subject: [OM] An English apology !
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:41:37 +0100
Hi Everyone,

Well, sorry.  Seems I might have started something here !  I could sense
it beginning to get a bit out of control when I turned in last night,
and I just logged in again to find that this one has grown legs of the
type Linford Christie would be proud !!  Anyway, my apologies to the
list for starting a bit of an OT one.  If anyone was offended then my
sincerest apologies to you.  Particularly Michael Collins - I didn't see
a smiley, as you say, but I did sense the humour in your reply anyway
and tried to reply in similar fashion.

This list is a multi-national one and, as such, many of the members do
not have English as their first language.  My moan was in no way aimed
at you guys - it was meant for the people who claim English as their
first language and yet use such poor examples of it in such a very
public place, and who really should know better (or shouldn't be
employed in that job).  Would you employ someone with no knowledge or
dexterity with cameras to give your precious OM's a CLA ?  Neither would
I.  Similarly the BBC shouldn't employ people with a poor grasp of the
English Language to write or type their on-screen messages !

Anyway, sorry.  I felt the need for a moan yesterday, and feel much
better for it !  Normal service will resume shortly (ie:  I'll shut up
!)

Jon