[OM] Re: Oh, great.

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh, great.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 03:28:41 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:

>AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! - They're!!
>Too late, too many grade 9 exam papers. They rotted my brane.
>On 08/06/2005, at 7:53 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
>
>>That's why there so well made and cost a packet!

I've been holding my tongue (Well at least on this subject!), but this
is just too good an example. I choose not to berate others for their
errors, knowing myself to be fallible.

Finding error where it doesn't affect understanding, as opposed to
theoretical meaning, just seems to me to be a way of trying to make
myself taller by cutting others off at the knees. In the end, it just
makes us all shorter and more bad tempered. And who needs that (either
my intended meaning, or mixed metaphors, take your pick).

Those who live by the sharp tongue die by the sharp tongue? At least you
have the decency to fall on your own (sword, tongue, take your pick).

Moose