[OM] Re: Apertures, where is f22 ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Apertures, where is f22 ?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:07:59 +0100
I don't disagree with what you have said, Moose, but the conditions under
which it holds true need to be emphasized.  I think John Lind summarised it
pretty well (and subtly differently) at the beginning of April:

[...] you must [...] consider:
(a)  how much you will enlarge the images
(b)  the distance at which you will view them

Apparent depth of field is dependent on both of the above . . . along with
focal length, critical focus distance and lens aperture.  Depth of field is
a phenomenon of human vision and its acuity limits.

End quote

--
Piers