[OM] Re: Zuiko 200/4.0

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 200/4.0
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:01:47 -0400
orava@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Yep. I love to read Garys tests. I just wasn't sure whether there is more
> different versions than multi and single coated versions.

For differentiation between single and multcoated versions I just
happened to remember the single/multicoated lens survey we took amongst
ourselves back in May of 1999(?)  At least that's when the file I have
is dated.

Anyhow, the data I have for the 200/4 is as follows:

            200      4  122300  Black       MC    Yes       Zuiko MC
            200      4  138200  Chrome      SC    No        E. Zuiko
            200      4  158403  Chrome            No        E. Zuiko
            200      4  159300  Chrome      SC    No        E. Zuiko
            200      4  159900  Chrome      SC    No        E. Zuiko
            200      4  183100  Black       MC    Yes       X. Zuiko
            200      4  185200  Black       MC    Yes       Zuiko MC
            200      4  205700  Black       MC    Yes       Zuiko MC
            200      4  207330  Black       MC    Yes       Zuiko MC
            200      4  215959  Black       MC    Yes       Zuiko MC
            200      4  219792  Black       MC    No        Zuiko
            200      4  220600  Black       MC    Yes       Zuiko MC
            200      4  260596  Black       MC    No        Zuiko
            200      4  268745  Black       MC    No        Zuiko
            200      4  270530  Black       MC    No
            200      4  293050  Black       MC    No        Zuiko

I don't recall any comment at the time but it would appear that #122300
is an outlier and probably had its nose ring and serial number replaced
during a repair.  The silver noses run up thru 159900 and the Black and
MC begins at 183100.  Somewhere in between is the switchover and, of
course, it's not clear if the first MC version is black or silver.

My own 200/4 is 112417 which somehow never made into this survey.  For
many, many years it was the only other lens I owned except for my
50/1.4.  I had a close-up view of the world back then since it was on
the OM-1 90% of the time.