[OM] Re: You Bastards! - F280 and e-1

Subject: [OM] Re: You Bastards! - F280 and e-1
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 08:42:44 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/2005 5:00:26 AM Central Standard Time,
swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Sorry to  resurrect this, But I have the F280, is that okay to use on the
E-1,  couldn't find anything in the archives but I am sure I spotted
somewhere  in the F280 details a figure of 400V higher than the 250V of
the  E-1.

This the response from Olympus to a question I asked some time ago.

Dear Bill,

You will not cause any harm to your camera, however  functionality will be
limited.

Regards,

Margaret
E-1 Digital  Technical Support
Olympus Imaging America  Inc.

12/02/2004 11:39       Subject:  Olympus  E-System

Firstname:    Bill
Lastname: Barber
Email:  nsurit@xxxxxxx
Choose: Other
Comments:    As a long time and  loyal Olympus fan/customer/user, I have a
huge collection of OM  equipment.  My e-1 gear is starting to grow with 4
lenses, and some  other accessories.  You have sent me the OM to e-1
adapter.  Is  there any reason for me to not use my T8, T28 or T32 flashes
on the  e-1.  Manual operation doesn't bother me at this time as I will be
using  it with OM lenses, however I don't want to do anything which might
fry the  guts of my e-1.  Are there any reasons to not use these flashes
with the  e-1?  Is there are possible harm that would be done to the e-1
camera by  using flashes designed for the OM system?