[OM] Re: OT-Chicago

Subject: [OM] Re: OT-Chicago
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 07:18:44 -0700
Which museum?

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Chuck Norcutt
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 7:17 AM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

Timpe, Jim wrote:

> I'll be in that town all next week.  Open to and looking for
> suggestions (not equipment) on things I absolutely can't miss seeing.
> I've never been. Will be staying West of town in Schaumburg. Thanks in
> advance.

Other than passing through O'Hare I haven't been to Chicago since I was
a little kid.  But the thing I remember most was the WWII u-boat on
display at the museum.  I specifically remember that one of the engine's
pistons was on display.  I'm sure it must have been smaller but it
looked to me like it was two feet in diameter.  9 cylinder diesel if my
50 year old memory serves me right.  Impressive anyhow.

Chuck Norcutt