[OM] It's like an E-1 Christmas!

Subject: [OM] It's like an E-1 Christmas!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:39:40 +0000
I've unpacked it all and here are some first impressions:

1. The viewfinder ain't THAT bad.  After hearing some of the gripes, I expected
much worse and am pleasantly surprised.

2. Attaching the strap is a PITA.  Now I've decided already I'm swaping it out
for a Tamrac with the QA hickies.

3. The size and look of the 14-54 kind of reminds me of the 35-80/2.8.

4. The 7-14 is a monster, being close in both size and weight to a 28-105/2.8
Tamron (1/2 in. longer than the unzoomed Tamron and only four ounces lighter: 1
lb. 14 oz. vs. 2 lb. 2 oz.).

5. One look through the viewfinder makes the 7-14 worth every ounce and inch.

As soon as the battery is fully charged and the epoxy is set, I'm taking it for
a test drive.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from