[OM] Re: Attempt at Classic B&W's [was: An English apology !]

Subject: [OM] Re: Attempt at Classic B&W's [was: An English apology !]
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:20:17 -0500
At 12:29 AM 6/10/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Impressions about how close this came to emulating the character of B&W's
>from 50-70 years ago are welcome . . . along with any other comments about
>them.
>
>http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=950018
>http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=950024
>http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=950019
>http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=950025
>http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=950020
>http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=950022
>http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=950023
>http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=950021
>
>-- John Lind

Well, John, it's killing me that you're having to flatbed these photos,
because I have a pretty good idea how good the originals are, particularly
in holding the highlights.  The most successful to me is the last "dancing"
one.  What a scream!  The second dancing photo of the bride and groom
really captures a "meaningful moment."  Perhaps not the Nth degree of
photogeneity (quick, somebody get the OED), but so genuine.

The kids around the cake remind me of snaps my grandpa took of us kids,
popping flashbulbs like mad, which we saved, crushed, put in our mouths,
like the idiot rugrats we were.  These were of course the Big Ones, not the
little wimpy flash bulbs or cubes.

On my monitor, the side view of the bride has that tree in the
background.  Blending with her hair.  Quite a doo. When I first looked at
it, I thought, "My god, a middle-aged punk wedding."

Very nice.  You done splendid.

Joel W.