[OM] Re: E-1 what's the first settings you changed

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 what's the first settings you changed
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:14:24 -0500
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:08:25 -0500, Joel Wilcox wrote:

>Definitely shoot RAW.  The accompanying jpg is very optional
>IMO.

I agree. I was shooting both untl I realized that I spent far more time
deleting the extra copies of shots than I did converting the occasional q&d
shot to jpg for e-mail/web/etc.

>* ISO boost:  might as well switch to on -- allows you to go beyond 800
>(but do you really need to do that?)

To date, I've been pretty dissapointed in the noise in shots at 400 and 800, so
I never use the ISO boost. I shoot at 100 or 200 unless its an unusual
situation.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company