[OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 f2.8 headed for low closing price ? - 7520300885

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 f2.8 headed for low closing price ? - 7520300885
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:48:25 -0700
Moose has posted about this in the past. My own experience is that I seem to
slightly prefer the pictures from the Tamron. I haven't used both to take
pictures of the same thing at the same time, so my impression is vague. I
wouldn't hesitate to use either lens.

I haven't noticed the long end on the Tokina being any worse than the
shorter end, but I sure haven't given it any methodical testing. Although
the tripod mount of the Tokina is very nice, I have another vague impression
that the weight of the Tamron along with the Olympus tripod mount leads to a
steadier shot. This might have been due to a little play in the quick
release of my previous tripod head.

The yaBe auction ended with a couple last minute bids. The 8am $250 bid
encouraged the nibbler to push the price right up to $250 at which point he
knew what the then high bid was and dropped out rather than going another $5
to put himself in first place. I wonder if the last two bids were influenced
by the run up in price by the 0 feedback bidder.
-jeff