[OM] Re: Donor prism?

Subject: [OM] Re: Donor prism?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:42:15 -0400
Michael R. Collins wrote:
> I bought a "parts" OM10 at a photo flea market the other day for
> C$20, vaguely recalling that some such OM model was a "universal
> donor" for pentaprisms. Do I remember correctly that it is the G? I'd
> search the archives, except...
---------------------------------------

The relevant part of one of (probably about 100) old posts from John
Hermanson on this subject.  As previously noted OM-G = OM-20:

"A used prism from a 1, 1N, 2, 2N, 10, G can be used.   Replacement is
rather straight forward once you get the top off. The clamps holding the
prism down can be spring loaded so keep track of the screws as you take
them out."

And from an even older post on the subject:

"If you're going to swap prisms be sure to seat the prism properly.
Prism has a fine lip on it which must sit on the edge of the frame.  If
not, prism face may interfere with meter needle movement."

And, of course, there is much in the (inaccessible?) archives about how
to get the top off.  I have such stashed away somewhere if anyone needs
it and the archives aren't working.

Chuck Norcutt