[OM] Re: OM list archive problems

From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:45:02 +0100
<snip>
Unfortunately, I have received a mail from someone who disliked the
fact that his emails were being put on a webarchive. He also
mentioned that he already contacted his lawyer. I will send more
information once I settled this issue.
</snip>

Strikes me that we should put a small note in the list sign-up procedure
warning people that their mails will be put in an archive, and that if
they don't like it then they shouldn't sign up.  Even if we could filter
out the mails from an individual so as not to be included in the
archive, I don't imagine we could prevent it when someone hits "reply" ?

I have not actually used the archives, so don't know if this happens or
not, but can you see the individual persons email address in the
archives ?  If so, is there a way of stripping it out ?

Regards,

Jon

PS: A big thank-you to Nils for providing the resource for us.