[OM] Re: E-1 what's the first settings you changed

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 what's the first settings you changed
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:49:12 -0500
At 09:17 AM 6/12/2005 +0200, you wrote:
>Taking a laptop is a big no-no, as 1) I work on PCs the whole time,
>gimme a break :)

Hey, who doesn't? :(

>2) it'll be on foot all the way from my door to where
>I end up, no extra bag please

Oh, that's different.

>and 3) I always travel extremely light.

With lots of very light CF cards I hope.

In your situation, I think that I would experiment with the bracketing
feature.  I would still shoot RAW, but in your case, if you decide to go
with SHQ, you could shoot a round of brackets and then when you get into a
good environment to chimp (any caves?  just kidding), you could evaluate
the best one of the set, checking the histogram, mark it with the
protection button (right next to INFO) and then erase your card
periodically to regain the space.

Joel W.