[OM] Re: Shift, Tilt Bellows

Subject: [OM] Re: Shift, Tilt Bellows
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:23:51 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>Jeff Keller wrote:
>
>>The image quality of the high end digital 35mm SLRs has got to be putting a
>>tight limit on the market for any future medium or large format gear.
>>Probably shifts and tilts are going to become a thing only old farts and
>>retro nuts care or know about.

>Pretty easy to do for (at least some) shifts by using perspective
>control software.  But how about tilts?  Has anyone here taken multiple
>images at different focus distances and then merged them for extended DOF?

Now there would be a project! I can see myself lost in PS for days. Lots
of layers, each with opacity gradients, hoo boy! :-)

I've never known all that much about view camera movements. I 've read
the descriptions, but without practical experience, it doesn't stick.

Are the movements on this Horseman "view camera converter" really
sufficient for replace a view camera? I can see it replacing a field
camera, but a full view camera has film plane movements as well. Are
those really important, or not nearly as much so as the front standard
movements?

Moose